Irrsinnig Menschlich („Insanely humain“) works with school classes to improve the psycho-social wellbeing of pupils
Irrsinnig Menschlich („Insanely humain“) is a German social enterprise with the mission to improve the psycho-social wellbeing of pupils and students. Their school day model is introducing pupils to the topic of psycho-social wellbeing in a very practical way. The focus is on problems pupils experience in their school class and everyday life. The model makes it possible to discuss complex and challenging topics in a step-by-step process in one day. The school day is implemented by a team consisting of one „professional expert“ (from the field of social work, psychology, etc.) and one „personal expert“. The personal expert shares his/her own history with psycho-social difficulties with the class enabling a direct and personal exchange.
The school day relies on a proven impact model. It supports pupils in reflecting on their psycho-social wellbeing and includes teachers in the discussion. The school & the school class become a more sensitive & supportive environment. The factors behind psycho-social difficulties are better understood and the need for open dialogue is appreciated. The model has been scaled in Germany with support from 80+ local cooperation partners.
- Support transfer partners in Lower Austria and Carinthia to apply for funding and to implement the solution
- Acquire new cooperation partners in other federal states in Austria
- Introduce new innovative elements & services in the Austrian context
- Create a supportive network of and for Austrian local implementers
- Local implementers in Austria interested in implementing the model in Austria
- Funders interested in supporting the launch of the model in federal states in Austria
- Multipliers communicating the offer to schools
Irrsinnig Menschlich provides a comprehensive transfer package. The model is fully formalized and can be taught to local implementers in a series of training sessions. Irrsinnig Menschlich provides local implementers with marketing materials, a webpage and a toolkit. Irrsinnig Menschlich offers further on-demand support for local implementers.