Hof sucht Bauer is a successful social enterprise in Germany that enables the inter-generational handover of farms outside the family.
Hof sucht Bauer is a successful social enterprise in Germany that enables the inter-generational transfer of farms outside the family. Hof sucht Bauer connects farm owners with young, well-trained people who want to build up an existence in agriculture. The online platform Hof sucht Bauer makes a first matchmaking possible. Subsequently, consultants support both sides professionally and personally and thus enable a successful handover. Hof sucht Bauer ensures the survival of farms and facilitates the start-up of young farmers in agriculture.
- Increased awareness of the social, economic and ecologic problems related to the closing of farms in Germany
- Increased awareness of the option to handover farms outside the family in Germany
- Farmers can make the choice to handover their farm to non-family members, their life work remains, they can stay at the farm and are economically secured.
- Young persons can start a farm even with limited financial resources, they can learn step-by-step what it takes to be a farmer, they stay in touch with farming traditions
- Branch established in Austria
- Public launch in Austria in 2017
- Re-Launch online platform
- Communication campaign
- Advisory network for farmers
- Stakeholders in Austria who support the Hof sucht Bauer model
- Communication campaign to raise awareness around non-family handover
- Additional financial resources
Hof sucht Bauer offers a unique combination of online matchmaking and specialized advisory services embedded in regional and local stakeholder networks. Through branching Hof sucht Bauer assures that the complete model is transfered to new countries with the same quality and overall mission. A key element for Hof sucht Bauer is the recruitment of branch CEOs and the cooperation with key stakeholders in the agricultural sector.